I'm a speech-language pathologist, an author of children's books and a columnist in local newspapers throughout New York. My column focuses on educational issues, laws and parents' rights. I also launched an educational website as a resource for parents, teachers and youth. I am always looking for a new venue to advertise my books and website. It would be great to belong to this fine group of talented people and to make new connections! My education includes a BS degree in communicative disorders, a MS degree in speech-language pathology, a MS degree in multicultural education, and 30 additional graduate credits in educational administration. I love children and also work as an educational consultant.
My first book, "They Say I Have ADHD, I Say Life Sucks!" Thoughts From Nicholas, is about a little boy who has ADHD-attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and what a typical day is like for him at school. Readers view how the symptoms of ADHD follow a domino effect as Nicholas loses his homework, loses track of time, loses friends, is disorganized, gets sent to the principal's office, is clumsy, can't remain focused, gets little sleep and feels all around inadequate. He is followed by a comical clock companion who tries to keep him on target. This book is available at www.amazon.com and is also available in Spanish. My second book is about a little girl who stutters and my third book is set in a jungle. I self-published my first book however, I have a traditional publishing house here in NY who is interested in re-publishing my first book and publishing the other two. Feel free to contact me!
I apologize for the delay in response to your inquiry. I was working profusely on getting President-Elect Obama elected, and together -- YES WE DID!!! Hallelujah and Amen! ☺
In answer to your inquiry,
BookExpo America, one of the largest book trade exhibits in the world, is coming to New York City's Jacob Javits Center May 28th to May 31st, 2009.
The BEA provides independent African American book publishers, self publishers, authors, African American imprints at major publishing houses, distributors, literary agents, publicists, librarians, and bookstore owners with exposure to more than 80,000 book buyers and booksellers from across the world, with over 20,000 BEA attendees and consumers crossing up and down the Pavilion aisles. There will be huge opportunities to learn, share, educate, buy, sell and network, and the African American Pavilion provides our exhibitors the lowest discounted booth prices at the BookExpo America and we have some great sponsorship opps that offer incredible value. For example:
* share a Display Table with two other sponsors at the Meet & Greet with signage, i.e., banner. This space can be used for Author Autographs, Book Signings, Product, etc.
* have your book(s) near the staging area during the African American Pavilion Welcome Reception 1:00 - 5:00 pm Friday, May 29th or during the African American Awards presentations Saturday, May 30th from 1:00 - 5:00 pm.
* be announced from the stage during the Welcome Reception or Awards Presentation (depending on which you choose)
* be announced in all press releases related to the African American Pavilion at BEA 2009
* have a Business card ad in the African American Pavilion @ BEA's Exhibitor's Journal 2009
(This offer applies to 2 books or less per self-published author)
* share a Display Table with one other sponsor, near the staging area in the African American Pavilion at the BEA. This space can be used for Author Autographs, Book Signings, Product, etc. from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Friday, May 29th or Saturday, May 30th. (Includes the Welcome Reception or Awards Program)
* have Meeting Room privileges for 1 hour Friday, May 29th or Saturday, May 30th
* have Quarter Page Ad in the African American Pavilion @ BEA's Exhibitor's Journal 2009
* get one Exhibitor Badge to gain entry into the BEA for Friday, May 29th or Saturday, May 30th
* be listed and announced in all press releases related to the African American Pavilion at BEA 2009
* be introduced on stage at the African American Pavilion at BEA 2009 during the Welcome Reception or Awards Program (depending on which day you choose).
(This offer applies to 3 books or less per self-published author.)
Information for upgrades to the above (like having a private table) and Exhibitor info can be found at http://www.winningbeginnings.com/AAPBEA.html
Have a beautiful day, Sister.
Brenda Jeanne Wyche
Amber Communications Group, Inc.
I would love for you to help me to network. I am a registered nurse but took a leave of absence after my mother passed this summer at age 91 years. On my web site: www.charchet.com I tell about some of my family's story. However, I am the youngest African-American and person from KY who marched right beside Dr. Martin Luther King, JR in 1961 at age 13 yrs going to jail repeatedly for EVERYBODY'S RIGHTS. In KY we have 3.3 million people but only 17% have bachelors degrees and many do not read. My books sell better on the East Coast. I allowed my mayor to know this. He had my web host to design the latest note about "Good Morning America" with his high school friend, Diane Sawyer of Louisville, KY. I pray that I can sell more books around the USA, If you can help me to network--I will pay for your plane flight to Louisville, KY to sit with my family during the filming of a movie by Jerry Bruckheimer who helped Will Smith get started with his movie, "Bad Boyz". Jerry Bruckheimer has the most international movie tickets sold of any film producer. Also you may call me if you would like to or just e-mail me @ CHoll88317@aol.com I await your response.
Please do not greet everyone on the site with large images and announcements of your book or business. Yes, you want to tell the world, but learn the fine art of subtlety. A simple welcome and signature/link is fine. Let them ask you for more.
We have lost numerous members because of the amount of 'friend' mail they instantly receive. This Hurts Everyone. Spam is unsolicited advertising, whether it is posted as comments on other members' pages or is emailed for marketing purposes.
Please be considerate. Post your advertisement in the proper Articles/Forum or Group. There are free classifieds on the Pages tab. You can post your information on your profile and even update your blog as often as you like.
We are not into censorship, so please don't make us ask you to leave. Be kind and unselfish - don't spam. SPAMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED